Thursday, February 27, 2014

Divergent Dauntless Pillow

Hi and welcome back to Crafting with Steph!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but life has been pretty hectic. 

Today, I have a new pattern to share- more pillows! Yay!!!

I read the Divergent series last year, and thought they were pretty good. Recently, a friend of mine asked me to knit her a Divergent Dauntless pillow, after seeing my Mockingjay Hunger Games one. 

I scoured the internet for Divergent patters, but, alas, there were none (except for scarf patterns, which I didn't really need, but they looked cool, so I might make one in the future). 

So, what did I do? I searched BraceletBook.com, that's what I did! If you read some of my previous posts, you'll know that I get a lot of my patterns from there. The pattern I found needed a bit of tweaking, but with a bit of patience, I got it to my liking.

Here's the pattern from bracetbook and the link http://www.braceletbook.com/pattern_alpha/11787.html:

Alpha Pattern #11787 added by oliveiz44

And here's my tweaked knitting version:


To make the pillow a 50 x 50 like my other ones, I first knit 11 rows, then the motif, and then I knit another 10 rows before casting off.  

After you knit both sides, you are ready to make the pillow. 

First, turn both front facing sides toward each other.

Thread a yarn needle with the color yarn of your pillow, and sew three sides of the pillow closed.

Turn the pillow right side out and fill with stuffing.

Sew the last side closed.

TA-DA- you have a pillow (the stuffing will even out eventually)




*warning- these are decorative pillows- they are not meant to be washed in a machine

- steph365 2/27/13

No comments:

Post a Comment