Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern

Hello, and welcome back to Crafting with Steph.

I know I haven't posted in a while, but that's because I was really busy. Between school, a road trip to Florida, and other activities, I've had no time to write. I apologize.

Since I live in Chicago, where it's super cold in winter, I decided to give a shot at knitting gloves. Knitting fingers seemed to hard, and I kinda wanted to have my fingers free to play guitar and stuff, so I decided on making finger-less gloves. I tried once last year, but I used a different pattern that could be knit on two needles. After knitting a square, you would simply fold it in half and sew the side shut. I really didn't like them that much, because I wanted to have a thumb gusset. So, after searching the web for patterns, I found one I liked, but I improvised it a bit. 

Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern




Supplies:


4 double pointed needles, size 2 or 3. 
I used Lily Sugar n Creme American Stripes Yarn. It is a 100% cotton, worsted weight, 4 ply yarn.

Glove 1:

Cast on 40 stitches on a set of 3 double pointed needles

With the fourth needle, knit 10 rows of *knit 1, purl 1*

Knit 8 rounds of plain

Thumb gusset:

Knit 17 stitches of first round. Place marker, make one, knit one, make one, place marker. Knit rest of round.

Knit 1 round.

Knit to marker, slip marker, make 1, knit 3, make 1, slip marker. Knit rest of stitches in round.

Knit 1 round.

Knit to marker, slip marker, make 1, knit 5, make 1, slip marker. Knit rest of round.

Knit 1 round.

Knit to marker, slip marker, make 1, knit 7, make 1, slip marker. Knit rest of round.

Knit 1 round.

Knit to marker, slip marker, make 1, knit 9, make 1, slip marker. Knit rest of round.

Knit 1 round.

Knit to marker, slip marker, make 1, knit 11, make 1, slip marker. Knit rest of round.

Knit 1 round.

Knit to marker, slip marker, make 1, knit 13, slip marker. Knit rest of round. There are now 14 stitches between the markers.

Knit 2 rounds.

Knit to marker. Place 14 stitches on holder.

Cast on 2 stitches and continue knitting round. 42 total stitches.

Knit 7 rounds plain.

Knit in "knit 1, purl 1" stitches for 10 rows.

Bind off.

To finish the thumb, move the 14 stitches off the holder and onto three of the double pointed needles.

Pick up the 2 stitches you made earlier.

You now have 16 stitches with which to make the thumb.

Knit 5 rounds.

Bind off.

To finish the glove, sew in all the ends.

Glove 2:

Repeat same steps as above.


I hope you have as fun of a time making these gloves as I had.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear from you soon. Feel free to leave comments below, and if you have an awesome pattern you would like to be featured here at Crafting with Steph, contact me at iovescu.stephanie360@gmail.com

-steph360 1/15/14

No comments:

Post a Comment