Monday, March 31, 2014

The Cody Collection

Welcome to Crafting with Steph!

In my last post, I gave out a pattern on making dog sweaters (for Yorkies and other small dogs). Recently, I have knit a few more sweaters using the same pattern, and I would like to share my accomplishments with you.

So, without further ado, here they are:





For this sweater, I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Glowworm, Shocking Pink, and Turquoise.




The SuperMan pattern I found on Google Images, and it works terrific!





We have a lot of fun with our dog at my house, and we pretend that he has multiple personalities. I am working on writing a book all about him, and I hope to publish it one day. Anyway, some of his aliases are Cody the Spy, Cody the Space Alien (from the planet Cuteon- you can read more about that at codytheyorkie.blogspot.com, BatCody, and Darwin, the professor from England. 

So, I thought what better than to add another alias to him, and make his Sailor Cody, loyal sea dog in Her Majesty's navy (because he's a Yorkie, which originated from England, duh). 

After making the back, with this lovely pattern (which, of course, I tweaked):

I decided that the front (belly part), had to be extra special. I had already done stripes, so this time, I chose to inscribe Cody's alias on it too. 

I went on to braceletbook.com where I made a special pattern for the front. 





For this one, I knit the sweater in Red Heart Super Saver Peruvian Print. I didn't use any special patterns, so I just knit the whole thing with one yarn.



So, there you have it. The Cody Collection!

- steph365 3/31/14

No comments:

Post a Comment