Friday, September 6, 2013

New Patterns!!!! Hunger Games Pillows, Slouchy Hats, and Goofy

Welcome back to Crafting with Steph!

So....I haven't posted here in quite a while (almost a year, actually), but I have been quite busy knitting, and developing my new hobbies of crocheting and friendship bracelet making. Well, I'm back, and I'm ready to share some great new patterns with all of you :)


First off, with the Hunger Games Catching Fire premier about two months away, I've been busy rereading the books, and I also have a knitting pattern available. 


http://hungergamesdwtc.net/hunger-games-crafts/crochet/small-mockingjay-pinsquare/


The pattern is for a Small Mockingjay Pin Square. I used this pattern to knit two squares, which I then filled with stuffing and sewed together. I know have my very own Mockingjay knit pillow, which I love. Below are pictures of how my pillow turned out.  




I have also knit a few slouchy hats, using a pattern that I made up myself. It is a very simple technique, using knit one, pearl one the whole way. I used sixteen inch knitting needles, casting on about 75 stitches, depending on the size of the head. Then, I knit in the round using knit one, pearl one, until my hat was at a desirable length to be slouchy enough. This pattern is different, because instead of decreasing and casting off, what I did was thread a sewing needle with the same color yarn (about 18 inches), and run it through all of the stitches. After this, I slid the stitches off the needles and pulled the yarn that was holding the stitched taunt. This gathered it all together into the form I was looking for, so I then proceeded to tie it into a knot. Then, because there was still a hole in the top, I used the excess string to sew it closed. Below are pictures of the hats I knit using this method. 








Last of all, I'm going to tell you about a pattern that I'm working on right now. About two weeks ago, I discovered some great websites for friendship bracelet patterns. 


These are http://www.braceletbook.com/ and http://friendship-bracelets.net/patterns2.php 


Well, while looking around for beginner patterns, I found a great pattern that I couldn't resist knitting. Since my Hunger Games pillow came out so great, I decided I'd make it into a pillow. The pattern is found at the link below:


http://www.braceletbook.com/pattern_alpha/7633.html#.Uioq3uA5tFI


or here:


Isn't it so cute?


I was thinking I'd make one side of the pillow black and white, and the other side I'd fill in with color. 


Or I'd do this pattern for the back:


http://www.braceletbook.com/pattern_alpha/7637.html#.UiorbOA5tFI




Well, whichever one I decide to do, I'll make sure to post the outcome. Here is how far I've gotten on Goofy:





Well, thanks for visiting my blog :) Make sure to stop by soon to see what new projects we can make together. Thanks again :) 

-steph 9/6/13

No comments:

Post a Comment